Hamster Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for all hamster enthusiasts and lovers of anything small and furry.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» newbie here
Cages dependant on the species EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:26 pm by hamsterperson

» A Potentially Fatal Problem
Cages dependant on the species EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:24 pm by hamsterperson

» new user
Cages dependant on the species EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:25 pm by hamsterperson

» Cages dependant on the species
Cages dependant on the species EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:06 pm by hamsterperson

» HI PEOPLE
Cages dependant on the species EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:29 pm by Admin

» Hello!!!
Cages dependant on the species EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:53 am by Admin

» Disclaimer
Cages dependant on the species EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:42 am by Admin

» Buying and selling animals
Cages dependant on the species EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:23 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Cages dependant on the species

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Cages dependant on the species Empty
PostSubject: Cages dependant on the species   Cages dependant on the species EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 11:52 am

with so many cages on the market, who has found that a particular style suits one species better than another?
Back to top Go down
hamsterperson

hamsterperson

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Cages dependant on the species Empty
PostSubject: Cages   Cages dependant on the species EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:06 pm

The cage that gives the hamster the most room (of the ones you can afford) is the best. Also I recommend a hamster ball for a little outside the cage exploration. Just make sure the hamster is not left unattended and is only in the ball for a half hour or less at a time. Also keep a watch out for DooDoo in the ball! Yuck! Make sure there is no stairs or open doors. I like a cage that I have that is made by the S.A.M. people. The jungle gym cage. It is sturdy, has horizontal bars for climbing, is roomy, has shelves for a second level and to ports to connect additional cages or nest boxes or tubing. It also has a tray on the bottom for easy cleaning and a carrying handle on top. If I could afford it I would get one of those huge hamster cages that they have in Petsmart. They must be 3 feet long! They cost 129.00 dollars! If I put all my cages and tubing and nest boxes together my hamster would probably have more room though. I also have a large Bucket! It is 22 inches in diameter and over 18 inches in depth. I fill it with litter and a water bowl, a wheel on a platform and make a hamster amusement park. My hamster is put into this while cleaning his cage or for a little diversion. When you have to clean it you can remove the toys dump out the litter and wash out the bucket. Just make sure nothing is placed close to the edge of the bucket so the hamster can't get out. 18 inches is enough height that a hamster can't jump out. But if a toy is near the wall of the bucket they can climb out. I use a parchment tube for a nest box in there. The hamster cant use the curved surface to climb out! Cool
Back to top Go down

Cages dependant on the species
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hamster Heaven :: Hamster Housing :: Cages-
Jump to: